Friday 1 July 2011

Sectional Warping on Louet Octado




I LOVE weaving but I hate warping!! So I just had to convert my lovely new Louet Octado for sectional warping. As louet wanted over 1000 euros for all the parts, I made it all myself - here are the parts I made:- The tension box was the most challenging, but this works absolutely perfectly...it's a direct copy of the Leclerc box and all the parts came from the DIY shop and cost to less than 30 euros. The sectional beams, attached to the existing beam. Made from beech to match the loom with chrome screw eyelets for the 2" sections...my price - 17 euros!! The spool rack was easy...holds 70 spools, so I can warp at up to 35 epi on the 2" sectional beam.
If you want to know how to make them for your loom, just ask...always glad to help

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I've been trying to figure out how to do this for my loom, but I know very little about woodworking. How did you attach the sectional beams to your existing beam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attaching them is easy. Most looms have wooden beams and they usually have 'flats' on them. Mine has four so it was just a case of screwing them to the beam - one screw every 20cm. The hardest part is making 4 identically psaced sections so that when they are screwed on, every section is perfectly in line as you rotate it. Not difficult; jusdt requires care and accurate measurement when making them. Tell me which loom you have and I can design it for you

    ReplyDelete