Saturday 23 July 2011

Going Native!


A bit of "freehand-fun" whilst I wait for the yarns for "Ripples" - I am off to the UK on Friday so have had them delivered there.
I have done a blanket, done to be a wall-hanging actually, so it will be stretched on a frame and hung in the gite. It's just over a metre long.
It's my design for a traditional Navajo blanket, pretty much made up as I went along. It's loom woven with a warp spacing of only 6 epi so it's entirely weft-faced. I have used a lot of "pick-up" to do the patterns and there are several changes of lift plan throughout. I used up loads of bits of yarns I had; mostly wool with lots of fancy yarns, boucles and fuzzy yarns; all different weights and thicknesses with the main warp in a cotton boucle. If I ran out of something, I changed the design and used something else out of the bag! Good fun!
Can't wait to get going on "Ripples" though!

No comments:

Post a Comment