Wednesday 5 October 2011

2012 Fils et Metier Expo at Varaignes, Dordogne.

At Last! the theme for the 2012 textile artists Expo at Varaignes is out....its "Expression Sonores" which means "Expressions of Sound". What a result! Interpreting music through my weaving designs was my main drive for all my recent pieces and, in particular, the two pieces I did based around the 2 songs were titled Mayan Music; the one expressing a drum sound, subtitled "Drums" and the other I subtitled "Ocarina" as it evoked a more trill, higher pitched sound....so i will definitely exhibit that pair.

I also have a piece planned which is a hanging sculpture of different length woven tubes which are formed into a wind chime. So i am going to work on that for a while and weave it specifically for the expo...how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment