Saturday 27 August 2011

"30/30" Message in a Bottle


One of the items to be found in the cairn of petrowood is a bottle, in which messages are left. I liked that! I imagined it would be a broken bottle by now so I have made a fabric bottle from linen bandaged around a miniature wine bottle, hardened, dyed, sliced in half and adorned with an 'aged' wine bottle label. It will be positioned underneath the 'window' created by the frame described in yesterdays blog.
Unfortunately, I needed a full size label so a large bottle of Bordeaux had to be sacrificed last night all in the name of art...............................

I suppose for authenticity it's more likely to have been a beer bottle that was left behind, but it was me that had to empty the bottle, and I prefer wine :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment