Friday 5 August 2011

B****R! Ripples requires more shafts

Right, it's official - I am saving up for a 32 shaft Megado!
After many hours of experimentation, "Ripples of a Blue Girls Tears" needs more shafts; at least 12 and ideally 16. I have tried to modify it within the confines of 8 shafts but it's impossible. I can reproduce the image perfectly as designed, but I need the extra shafts to enable a stable ground weave in the tabby of the overshot. I could ignore that it's not a stable structure, as its going to be stretched over a frame, but that is cheating! I now have two projects 'on hold' due to shaft restrictions: The African Queen can also only be done exactly as I want it if I have 16 shafts.
I have another large project in overshot which needs a few more hours work and that WILL work on 8 shafts. ....its called Los Endos in the Project Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment